TYPE OF FILTER: Under-Sink Kitchen Fluoride Water Filter Free Shipping
This is an under-sink kitchen fluoride water filter, the 2 Canister Fluoride Chlorine Plus. One-micron filter option available for cyst and microfiber filtration.
This – and ALL of these kitchen canister filters work on over 600 contaminants. Select which is best for you by which disinfectant is used – chlorine or chloramine – and whether your municipality adds fluoride. Other considerations for extra filtration are nitrates and arsenic.
Our filters have the additional advantage of a patented process that increases contact time between the water and the kdf. This means MORE FILTRATION!
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
This kitchen fluoride water filter is designed for municipally treated chlorinated and fluoridated water. If you don’t know whether your community uses fluoride, or if they are using chlorine or chloramines, either look up the Annual Water Quality Report online for your community, call the number on your water bill, or email us to check for you.
This item is not the right filter if your municipality uses chloramine.
The improved under sink canister housing handles 33.3% more pressure than the industry-standard white housings.Please note that the new improved housings were introduced after this video was made. Your kitchen fluoride water filter system will look like the still photo. All else remains the same.
WHAT IS FILTERED by the KITCHEN FLUORIDE WATER FILTER? (Sample list – over 600 contaminants filtered)
chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
The FDA has certified all the filter media in this filter. This kitchen fluoride water filter has been tested and approved to NSF/ANSI 53 standards for fluoride removal by the Water Quality Association.
The idea is that they work on all the categories of contaminants. To see a larger sample list of contaminants filtered, see What is Filtered?
HOW DO THEY WORK?
The short answer is that they work great! The types of filtration include ‘pore opening’, magnetics, catalytic action using reduction-oxidation, electroplating, ion exchange, and reshaping of hardness ions and adsorption. An environment harmful to bacteria, algae and fungus is created. The water acts softer.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water! The water that comes out is pure and healthy. Water flow is excellent.
This kitchen fluoride water filter unit contains the following top-quality media.
* Sediment Filters – separating the other media. 1 in the first canister, and 2 more in the second.
* OPTION: Activated Alumina – a full pound and a half of activated alumina to remove fluoride. THIS IS NOT ALUMINUM. It is a natural inert resin. Activated alumina removes fluoride and does not add aluminum! OR YOU CAN CHOOSE a cartridge for fluoride removal that uses calcium-based carbon (bone char). They are equally safe and effective. If you are vegetarian, you may prefer Activated Alumina.
* Kdf – 1 1/4 pounds of patent-processed kdf! This puts it in balance with the other media. Especially effective at filtering chemically-based contaminants, heavy metals and chlorine. Kdf is bacteriostatic, preventing bacteria from growing in the carbon or your water.
* Granulated Coconut Carbon – a full pound (that’s 453 grams) of top-grade pre-washed granulated coconut carbon! Works especially well against organic-based contaminants.
The kdf in this and all the kitchen canister filters has been formulated using a patented process that powderizes and shapes the media into a form that does not compress, and increases the contact time between water and filter material. This is how filtration happens. This means more filtering takes place in a smaller part of the canisters, allowing more of the other media – which means yet more filtration in turn. To learn more, see the Foam Advantage.
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
This filter has nothing to do with reverse osmosis. We don’t sell R/O because we don’t find them a good solution. Unlike reverse osmosis filters, these filters do not strip your water of the trace elements the body needs, you don’t have to store water in a small tank, and you don’t waste up to 70% of the water by throwing it and contaminants back into the environment! More info on Reverse Osmosis.
Note: TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) is a measure used for Reverse Osmosis filters. You do NOT want low TDS. If you have low TDS that means that you are not getting the trace elements and minerals that the body needs like chloride, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
The fixtures are the highest quality, and there is more of the right filter material – resulting in greater and longer-lasting filtration. And because the kdf uses the FOAM ADVANTAGE, there is more room in the canister for other media, further increasing filtration.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
- Standard swiveling faucet with ‘run’ and ‘hold’ settings
- OR recommended upgraded faucet with flow-control handle
- One fluoride cartridge. CHANGE EVERY 6 MONTHS
- One wide-spectrum cartridge. CHANGE ONCE A YEAR
- A plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
- All fittings (brass), T adapter, stainless steel hoses & connections required for install included
* A standard faucet is included in the price. Open the pictures above to see the chrome and brushed nickel upgrades. We recommend a faucet upgrade. They look and work better, and last longer.
* Choose activated alumina or calcium-based carbon to filter fluoride. This is a personal preference issue; they both work about the same.
* The standard wide-spectrum cartridge filter hundreds of metal, chemical, and organic contaminants, and on taste and odor issues. The 1 micron “plus microfiber” version does all of that as well as filter cysts like cryptosporidium and plastic microfibers.
REFILLS (click the links)
You do not need a plumber to change cartridges. Change filters by turning the canisters counterclockwise (same as a light bulb). No screws, no screwdrivers. Put new cartridges in the same way as the previous ones were. With your initial purchase, we include a plastic wrench that makes it easier by providing more leverage. The wrench is not usually required however. Click this link to see a description and a short video on changing cartridges.
FLUORIDE CARTRIDGE (midyear)
SET OF 1 FLUORIDE AND 1 WIDE-SPECTRUM CARTRIDGE (once a year)
combine in an annual order to save on shipping
STILL MORE INFORMATION
For more information about fluoride filters and water filtration CLICK ON: Fluoride Water Filters
For certifications + test results, please Start Here.
Learn more about why you want to Remove Fluoride.
And go to the Education tab above and open Water Filters for lots of info.
To see an FAQ, click on: Frequently Asked Questions.
- 14.5″ tall x 11.5″ wide x 6.5″ deep
- Bracket adds 2 inches
- Made in US
Please have this filter installed by a plumber or someone who understands plumbing. It is a quick and easy job for a professional, taking about a half hour.
From a Naturapath and Certified GAPS Practitioner:
“We have found many discrepancies with Reverse Osmosis water, however, many clients with the most unhealthy systems come to me, specifically the children with FPIES (Food Protein-Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome – roughly stated they’re allergic to the protein in food). These clients thrive on Friends Of Water filter systems…….. One FPIES child who is on a very strict and controlled GAPS diet did nothing else but switch to Friends Of Water filter and immediately saw massive changes.”
. . . . . Becky Plotner, Georgia (visit her on Facebook at Nourishing Plot.)
“Thank you so much. I surfed through MANY distributors of sub-par equipment and sites – with no knowledge about other types of systems. After talking to you both, I was converted. I am very grateful that you both took the time to answer my questions on the phone – this is a very important aspect of your business that separates you from others that obviously just want to collect the money and ship a product. You are doing good work in the world and I hope your business prospers.”
. . . . . Alan E., Tennessee
“Just wanted to pay a huge compliment to your fine products. I have an undercounter fluoride water filter. I can not say enough great things about the quality of the water! I L-O-V-E it and am sooooo pleased with this purchase!
. . . . . With Sincerest Appreciation – Hope H.
“I’m really surprised at the great taste of the filtered water as compared to bottled water. To think LA water could taste this good is amazing! The water coming out of the filter I got from you has a good natural earth kind of taste. It’s like I were out in the wilderness – almost a tropical taste. Even the drinks I mix with this water taste better. I make an herbal drink with whole lemon; it even looks brighter than when I used bottled water!
. . . . . Joseph Z.