TYPE OF FILTER: Kitchen Countertop Water Filter. Fluoride Water Filter Plus.
This is a 3-canister kitchen countertop water filter that attaches to your kitchen faucet. No plumber needed. This is the best Kitchen Countertop Water Filter that is a Fluoride Water Filter if you also have chloramines in your water. Also filters over 600 other contaminants.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?
Anyone can use this, because it simply screws onto the kitchen faucet (no plumbing involved). People in apartments more often get a countertop water filter system. This is a fluoride water filter for municipal water supplies that both fluoridates and adds ammonia to the chlorine, which changes chlorine to chloramine.
If your municipality uses chloramines at any time, this is the right filter. If you don’t have chloramine in your water, you don’t need to buy a filter to take it out.
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN FILTRATION BETWEEN UNDERCOUNTER AND COUNTERTOP FILTERS.
We do not recommend one type of fluoride-filtering media over the other. They are both good options. Both are safe and do a good job. It’s your choice. Calcium-based carbon is also known as bone char.
WHAT IS FILTERED?
This 3-canister kitchen water filter is a fluoride water filter also designed to remove CHLORAMINES and all the other things you want to remove from your municipal water supply. Based on tests of these filter materials combined, these filters are likely to remove 96% or better of chloramine! This is a remarkable level of chloramines filtration not achieved by normal filters.
All materials have been tested and certified by the NSF. See Certifications.
The materials in this filter are also formulated to take out disinfection by-products, mtbe, perchlorate, heavy metals like lead, chromium, sediment, pesticides, herbicides, algae, molds, hormones, scale, bad taste, odors and hundreds of contaminants.
To see a sample list of contaminants filtered in addition to chloramine and fluoride see,
These are the right materials to work on each of the categories of contaminant. Bacteria cannot grow in the carbon because of copper-zinc. These have the right filter materials and more of it than others, (along with a patented process on the kdf) which results in more filtration.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Water flows freely through the filter materials, which remove contaminants. These filters are made from a variety of filter materials selected to address the issues you might have with municipal water. Filtration happens in many different ways, including ‘pore opening’, magnetics, catalytic action using reduction-oxidation, electroplating, ion exchange, reshaping of hardness ions and adsorption. An environment harmful to bacteria, algae and fungus is created. The water acts softer.
This unit delivers Multi-Stage Filtering:
- One canister has a sediment filter, kdf formulated to remove chloramines, and a pound of catalytic carbon. Both are optimized for chloramines. CHANGE ONCE A YEAR.
- Another canister has a sediment filter and 1 1/2 pounds of activated alumina which effectively removes fluoride. (Note: this is not aluminum!) OR IF YOU PREFER, you can choose Calcium-based carbon to remove fluoride. It is as effective. CHANGE FLUORIDE WATER FILTER CARTRIDGE EVERY SIX MONTHS.
- The third canister has two sediment filters, standard kdf to remove chlorine, heavy metals. other chemical contaminants like chemically-based pharmaceuticals, and a full pound of top-quality granulated coconut carbon for organic compounds including disinfection by-products, organic-based drugs, hormones and mtbe. This adds up to a great sweep of all hundreds of contaminants in every category. CHANGE ONCE EVERY YEAR.
Water flow is excellent.
The diverter that comes with your order replaces the aerator screen at the end of your existing faucet. It has adapters to connect as needed. You can see a picture. There is a line out to the filter and a line back in. There’s a tab to pull when you want to divert the water through the filter. If you don’t pull the tab, the water isn’t filtered. Water, filtered or not, always flows out of the end of your faucet.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
- Canisters are secured together on a base
- Friends of Water includes a free plastic wrench to make changing cartridges annually easier (no wrench with Chrome finish)
- Diverter and adapters to assure it will fit your faucet
STILL MORE INFORMATION
For more information AND A SHORT VIDEO about chloramines, click to this page: Chloramine.
For more information about chloramine filters, see Chloramine Water Filters .
For more information about filtration and this type of filters, click on: Fluoride Water Filters .
For more information about the risks of fluoride AND A VIDEO, click on: Fluoride.
To see an FAQ, click on: Frequently Asked Questions.
Start here to learn about Water Filter Tests.
We do not recommend or sell reverse osmosis filters. If you want to understand why, click on Reverse Osmosis.
* The entire unit is 4.5″ deep, 12″ high, and 15″ wide
* Made in the US
(for a chrome finish unit): “Water tastes great and filter looks fabulous.” SJ, Virginia
(after changing filters the first time): “It was a piece of cake to change the filters.” SS, W. Virginia