TYPE OF FILTER
Undercounter 2-canister CHLORAMINES, CHLORINE PLUS FILTER.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?
This 2-canister filter is designed to take out CHLORAMINES, CHLORINE and all the other things you want to remove from your municipal water supply if your water is not fluoridated. This combination is right for you if your municipality adds ammonia. Ammonia when combined with chlorine forms chloramines. If your municipality moves back and forth between chlorine and chloramine, this filter will address both. Does not filter fluoride.
WHAT IS FILTERED? (this is a short example list)
- chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
- heavy metal
- bad taste
The idea is that they work onall the categories of contaminants. To see a sample list of contaminants filtered, see What Is Filtered?
All the filter materials used in our kitchen, whole house, shower and bath filters have been certified by the NSF. See Certifications.
MORE FILTER MATERIALS MEANS MORE FILTRATION!
HOW DO THEY WORK?
* One canister has two sediment filters, 1 1/4 pounds of patent-processed kdf-85 formulated to remove chloramines, and a full pound of catalytic carbon which also works on chloramines and filters disinfection by-products like trihalomethanes. Because of the large quantities of processed kdf-85 and catalytic carbon – both optimized to remove chloramine, you can expect about 95% removal.
* The second canister has two sediment filters plus 1 1/4 pounds of special patent-processed kdf-55 which removes chemical contaminants including chlorine, lead, heavy metals and more, and then a full pound of top-quality granulated coconut carbon for organic compounds including chlorination by-products, organic-based drugs, perchlorate. mtbe and hormones – and which also further reduces the chloramines if any got past the previous canister. Bacteria cannot grow in the carbon because of copper-zinc.
Why are our filters different from others? Better quality fixtures and filter material and most importantly – more of the right top quality filter material! This determines how much is filtered and how long the canisters last.
The kdf in our filters uses a special patent-processed FOAM ADVANTAGE kdf that increases effectiveness and length of use – and does not clog – supporting a strong water flow for the life of the filter. This means maximum filtration from kdf is achieved in a smaller area in the canisters – allowing more room for activated carbon, too. For more information, see
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT FILTRATION AND THESE FILTERS CLICK ON: Fluoride Water Filters.
To see an FAQ, click on: Frequently Asked Questions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CHLORAMINE FILTERS CLICK ON: Chloramine Filters.
WHAT IS INCLUDED? All you need.
* Standard swiveling faucet that goes through the opening behind your sink. Faucet upgrades are available. We do recommend the faucet upgrade.
* Friends of Water includes a free fitted plastic wrench to make changing filters easier
* CR-1 cartridge for chloramine removal. CHANGE ONCE A YEAR
* KR101N cartridge for removal of heavy metals, chemical and organic contaminants. CHANGE ONCE A YEAR.
* T adapter and 2 supply tubes
* Includes everything needed for a normal installation (except a plumber)
A standard faucet is included. You can choose to upgrade to a chrome or brushed nickel finish. See the pictures and make your choice. We sell the upgraded faucets below list price. We do recommend a faucet upgrade, since the upgrades look better, work better and last longer.
* Takes out the bad and leaves the healthy trace elements your body needs
* Water flow is excellent (1 gpm)
* Made is US
* You will be able to get replacement cartridges
* Easy to change cartridges – plumber not needed for that
* The entire unit is 5.5″ deep, 13.5″ high, and 11″ wide
Undercounter filters should be installed by a plumber. It is a quick and easy job for a professional. WHY? Click on: GET A PLUMBER!.
* CHANGE FILTERS BY TURNING THE CANISTERS COUNTERCLOCKWISE TO UNSCREW. (Same as a light bulb.) Put new cartridges in the same way as the previous ones were. No screws, no screwdrivers. With your initial purchase, we include a free plastic wrench that makes it easier by increasing leverage. The wrench is not a requirement, however. The Standard Wide-Spectrum cartridge always goes last in line. Put the chloramine cartridge in the first canister as the water flows.
There are no reviews yet.