Occasionally we hear from someone: “We Mostly Drink Bottled Water.”
Well please stop! (Unless you are using the filtering water bottles we sell.)
All this bottled water has created many major problems. We’ll list some of them:
- Many think that bottled water is healthier. There is no basis for this belief.
- Bottled water does not mean pure water. It does not have to be filtered when bottled. Much of it is filtered only superficially to improve the taste and smell.
- The plastic itself can contaminate the water. The ‘soft’ plastic used to bottle water can release chemicals into the water.
- 1.5 million barrels of crude oil are used annually to produce the plastic used to bottle water
- Bottled water is hauled long distances for distribution, burning massive quantities of fuel
- One study put the cost of bottled water at 7.5 times that of tap water
- Mountainous rubbish heaps have been created from the throw-away bottles
- Massive water bottling is a form of defacto privatization
- Water shortages near water bottling plants have been reported all over, including Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Florida and Texas.
Get yourself a good home water filter and fill your own bottles. Every one of these concerns is alleviated.