This water softener alternative is a whole house hardness scale inhibitor. This is a great way to deal with the problem of hardness, which is scale buildup. This alternative to traditional water softeners leaves healthy trace minerals. You do not add salt. No backwash is required, therefore no electricity is used.
- Don’t put bags of salt into your water.
- Don’t drink excess quantities of salt.
- Don’t dump salt into the sewer lines.
- Stop hard scale buildup in your pipes, hot water heater and other fixtures.
- Do leave healthy minerals in your water.
This does not filter out contaminants like a whole-house filter. Normally it is used with a whole house filter. Let us know if you need help configuring a system. [email protected]
No maintenance other than changing filter media after 600,000 gallons or 5 years, whichever comes first! Check your water bill for usage.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?
This water softener alternative is a filter suitable to inhibit scale for water with hardness above 8 – 10 grains. (171 ppm) Maximum hardness level is 25 grains.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We recommend this over the traditional hardness filter. Addresses the problems caused by hardness, while leaving healthy trace minerals.
- Transforms hardness particles into nano particles, preventing hard scale build up & white spots on dishes
- The beneficial minerals – calcium and magnesium, etc. – remain in the water!
- Designed for use with municipal water and well water
The great newer filter material is called Template Assisted Crystalization Anti-Scale Media. The media acts by accelerating the transformation of the calcium and magnesium minerals into harmless nano particles. When the inlet water goes into the water conditioner tank, the up flow pulls the water through the (TAC) media which then acts as a dosing catalyst and pulls the hardness minerals of calcium and magnesium out of the solution.
Because the hardness minerals have been transformed into nano particles, these nanoscopic particles make their way through plumbing systems without attaching on to pipes, fixtures, valves, or heating elements.
An important secondary benefit is that the existing scale in pipes and equipment is also dissolved over time. The manganese and calcium already built up on the walls of pipes and equipment will slowly dissolve and in just a few short weeks mineral build up will be eliminated.
- All components & media are NSF Certified
VERY STRONG WATER FLOW! Up to 12 gallons per minute! Great for large homes with 4 plus bathrooms.
Do not replace filter media until about 600,000 gallons! Check your water bill to see how much water you use in a year. Many of our customers use about 90,000 gallons a year. Does not require backwash!
This whole house water softener alternative filter will eliminate problems caused by hardness and scale. This will protect your plumbing and appliances from staining, corrosion and scale that clogs flows and shortens appliance life.
This is a single tank whole house filter for use on municipally-treated water. It is most often combined with other filters.
- Capacity: lasts 5 years or 600,000 gallons, whichever comes first.
- Water Flow: up to 15 gpm! That’s really strong!
- Dimensions: tank is 10″ X 35″
- Lid unscrews when it’s time to change media
- Pressure Ratings: 5 to 125 psi
- Fittings: 3/4″ inlet/outlet; suitable for 3/4 or 1″ inch pipes.
Email [email protected] or call 866-482-6803. If we don’t pick up, leave a message and we’ll be back to you soon.