Salt-Free Water Softener Alternative for High Hardness Mid-size
For homes up to 3400 square feet, and 2 to 4 or maybe 5 people. 3 to 3.5 baths. Descaler.
This is a slim tank filter that addresses the problem of hardness, which is scale. This is an eco-friendly, salt-free water softener alternative for water with hardness above 8 grains (137 ppm). (Our regular whole house filters can manage hardness up to that level.) This filter effectively eliminates hard scale without the use of salt or back-washing by transforming hardness minerals into harmless nano crystals that pass through plumbing and appliances without adhering as damaging scale. Works up to a maximum hardness of 25 grains (429 ppm).
Filter media will last 350,000 gallons or 5 years. Change sooner than 5 years if hard scale returns.
Should be used with comparably-sized whole house filters. Contact us for assistance. [email protected]
This filter will remove existing scale deposits.
- Don’t put bags of salt into your water.
- Don’t drink excess quantities of salt.
- Don’t dump salt into the sewer lines.
- Stop hard scale buildup in your pipes, hot water heater and other fixtures.
- Do leave healthy minerals in your water.
- Usage: 5 Years or 350,000 gallons.
- Flow rate: 8 gpm
- PSI Loss: Less than 1 psi (virtually no drop)
- Tank Dimensions: 7″D x 35″H
- Maximum Hardness Level: 25 grains per gallon (429 ppm)
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Requires no electricity
- All components & media are NSF Certified
- Utilizes Template Assisted Crystallization Media, conditioning up to 25 grains of total hardness
- Earth Friendly! No waste water, chemical free, salt free & refillable
- Incredible 3-5 year capacity, simply replace the media in the system once every 5 years or when symptoms of hardness begin to return.
- 10 Year Warranty on Tank
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Cleans Your Pipes
The Salt Free Softener Alternatives will reduce existing scale build up as well. Depending on the thickness and density of the scale build up, the length of time it can take to reduce existing build can vary quite a bit. In some cases it can take 6 months to a year.
When installing a salt free softener where there is a great deal of scale build up already, there may be white flakes in the water as it clears. You will want to periodically remove and clean aerator screens on the faucets since the scale that melts off can build up on them.