Friends of Water is a leading provider of water filters and filter pitchers for drinking water. We understand the importance of keeping homeowners and their families safe from Chlorine, Chloramine and Fluoride in drinking water.
What is the Best Water Filter Pitcher?
- Remove most contaminants up to 99%.
- Remove fluoride at about 75-80%!
- Remove chlorination byproducts at 99.6%.
- Remove chloramines up to 95%!
- Filters all types of radiation.
Until we found these pitchers, we hadn’t thought much of the kitchen pitcher filters that have been available. These really do a remarkable job filtering drinking water. These water filters remove an amazing amount of contaminants, particularly for the size of the filter.
We always say that all things equal, how good a filter is, is determined by how much filter material there is. Now all things aren’t equal! These filtering pitchers have a superior type of filtration material originally designed for places in the world where the water is awful. They filter using powdered carbon that is treated with three other proprietary filter media resulting in extremely high removal rates of virtually all the contaminants you might find in municipal water.
These kitchen filter pitchers even significantly reduce FLUORIDE!
Independent test results show up to 90% fluoride reduction. The tests were by independent laboratories, including the city of Los Angeles, using EPA/ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53. The effectiveness might decrease a bit over the life of the filters, so we estimate a 75 – 80% fluoride removal rate.
The tests also demonstrate that nothing harmful is released into the water.
These pitchers do a great job eliminated chlorine, metals and the other contaminants you can find in municipal water. Chlorination byproducts (the risk with chlorine) are shown to be removed at 99.6% or better in independent tests. One customer tested himself and found 0 chlorine in the pitcher-filtered water.
Each filter lasts close to 4 times as long as regular PUR and Brita pitcher filters. They last for 150 gallons as compared to 40 gallons for both PUR and Brita. (There are different models available from different manufactures, this is an example.) The replacement filters have dropped a lot in price since they were introduced – and they filter much more than competitive brands.
Visit Kitchen Water Filters / Pitchers in the online store.
- Remove from 90% to 99.99% of most contaminants found in municipal water – and more
- Filter all types of radiation
- Filter up to 150 gallons of water before changing filters in most circumstances
- Flip top lid for easy filling
- No slip handle grip
- Fits into any refrigerator
- Replacement filters are easy to insert
- Pitcher filter manufacturers estimate about 20 gallons of use per month before replacing filter
- Makes water you can use for drinking, cooking, plants, and pets
- Tested by independent laboratories (including a State of California-approved lab) using EPA/ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53
- BPA Free! water pitcher, water pitchers, filtering water pitcher, filtering water pitchers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much does the pitcher hold?
A. The pitcher is a one-gallon pitcher, but it is only practical to hold 3/4 of a gallon. Beyond that, the reservoir is full, it’s hard to pour, and you pour unfiltered water along with filtered.
Q. How long does it take to fill the pitcher?
A. About 5 minutes.
Q. How do I know when to replace the filter?
A. Change it every six months. If your water flow slows before that, or your water doesn’t taste or smell good, change it then.
Q. What about Total Dissolved Solids?
A. Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) is not a measure of pollutants. Rather it is a broad measure that indicates aesthetic characteristics and indicated the aggregated presence of a broad array of chemical contaminants. It is far more informative to see what actual contaminants are removed. For healthy water, you do NOT want very low TDS.
Click to go to item in the store.