1. Shorten your shower by a minute or two and you’ll save up to 150 gallons per month.
2. Time your shower to keep it under 5 minutes. You’ll save up to 1,000 gallons per month.
3. Toilet leaks can be silent! Be sure to test your toilet for leaks at least once a year.
4. When running a bath, plug the bathtub before turning on the water. Adjust the temperature as the tub fills.
5. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth and save up to 4 gallons a minute. That’s up to 200 gallons a week for a family of four.
6. Consider buying a dual-flush toilet. It has two flush options: a half-flush for liquid waste and a full-flush for solid waste.
7. Plug the sink instead of running the water to rinse your razor and save up to 300 gallons a month.
8. Turn off the water while washing your hair and save up to 150 gallons a month.