Radiation Water Filters Plus
This is an under sink 2-canister water filter with Radiation & Wide-spectrum filter cartridges.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
To filter radiation in water PLUS a wide range of other chemical and organic contaminants. Get a plumber to install undercounter units.
WHAT IS FILTERED?
* radiated iodine
* allother radiated cationic and anionic isotopes
* chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
* heavy metal
* bad taste
The FDA has certified KDF as releasing nothing harmful into the water. The EPA has certified KDF as compliant with Standards 61 & 42.
The idea is that the filters work on all the categories of contaminants. To see a sample list of contaminants filtered BY KDF AND CARBON, see What Is Filtered?
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Water flows over and through several filter media designed to remove radiation and a wide range of contaminants.
There are 5 sediment stages, and several other filter media using multiple filtration methods. The types of filtration include ‘pore opening’, catalytic action using reduction-oxidation, electroplating, anion and cation ion exchange, reshaping of hardness ions and adsorption. An environment harmful to bacteria, algae and fungus is created. The water acts softer.
The resins working on radiation use ion exchange. The resins do not become radioactive because the positive and negative charges attract to each other and chemically change the substance.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water! The water that comes out is pure and healthy.
Water flow is excellent.
This unit contains:
* FIRST CARTRIDGE targets radiation. Sediment filters are between each of the other media. First granulated activated carbon which filters a wide range of radiation contamination; then media to focus on strontium and cesium; after a media bed of combined cationic and anionic resins to filter the range of radiated isotopes, and finally another layer of carbon to further filter and polish the water.
* SECOND CARTRIDGE * Sediment filters at start and finish
** Kdf – 1 1/4 pounds! This puts it in balance with the other media. Especially effective at filtering chemically-based contaminants, heavy metals and chlorine. Works on radiated iodine. Kdf is bacteriostatic, preventing bacteria from growing in the carbon or your water.
** Granulated Coconut Carbon – a full pound (that’s 453 grams) of top-grade pre-washed granulated coconut carbon! Works especially well against organic-based contaminants and further filters radiation. Best carbon for mtbe.
* Replace radiation cartridge every 6 to 12 months
* Replace Standard wide-spectrum filter once a year for optimal filtering
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
Unlike reverse osmosis filters, these do not strip your water of the trace elements the body needs, you don’t have to store water in a small tank, and you don’t waste up to 70% of the water by throwing it and the contaminants back into the environment! Ceramic filters do not waste water like R/O. They do primarily use ‘pore size’ filtering.
The outside looks similar to other kitchen canister units sold by others, but the fixtures are the highest quality, and there is more of the right filter material – resulting in greater and longer-lasting filtration. THAT IS HOW FILTERING HAPPENS!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
* One Radiation filter cartridge (RN-1)
* One wide-spectrum Standard (KR101N) cartridge
* Plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
* Free Standard faucet. You have the choice to upgrade to more attractive and better faucet.
- 5″ tall x 11.5″ wide x 6.5″ deep
- Bracket adds 2″ height
- Made in the US