This is an undercounter 3-canister water filter. This is the unit for the highest levels of radiation protection.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
Triple radiation filtration plus many other contaminants. Available in versions for under the kitchen sink (needs a plumber). Cartridges can be exchangd to filter other contaminants like fluoride, chloramine, etc.
WHAT IS FILTERED? (sample list)
* radiated iodine
* all other radiated cationic and anionic isotopes
* chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
* bad taste
* organic pesticides
* organic pharmaceuticals
HOW DO THEY WORK?
These filters all use only materials known to do what is needed and add nothing harmful to the water. The radiation-filtering material are known and used in industrial settings. Ion exchange is used by the resins. The resins do not become radioactive because the positive and negative charges attract to each other and, in the process, become a different substance.
The more filter material the higher the level of filtration. This is a unit with lots of the right filter materials to take out radiation contamination. Water flows over and through several filter media targeting radiation. Includes a lot of carbon, so a wide range of other contaminants are removed.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water!
Water flow is excellent.
This unit contains:
- THREE CARTRIDGES targeting radiation contamination. Sediment filters are between each of the layers. First granulated activated carbon which filters a wide range of radiation contamination (and more); then media to focus on strontium and cesium; then a media bed of combined cationic and anionic resins to filter the range of radiated isotopes, and finally another layer of carbon to further filter and polish the water. Enlarge illustration to the left to see the cartridge – used 3 times in this filter.
- All the cartridges we sell are the same size. So you could get a system with 3 radiation cartridges, but when you wish, swap out for cartridges that focus on fluoride or other contaminants.
- The housing canisters are tested to handle pressure 33.3% higher than industry-standard white canisters. They can handle up to 100 pounds per square inch.
For more information including a diagram of the radiation cartridge, see Radiation Filters.
To see a page including a sample list of contaminants filtered BY CARBON, see What Is Filtered?.
RADIATION CARTRIDGES (This unit is sold with 3 radiation cartridges. To replace, buy 3 radiation cartridges. However, cartridges are interchangeable, so you can substitute a fluoride cartridge, wide-spectrum cartridge, etc.)
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
The other radiation filters we’ve seen for the kitchen appear to only filter either positively- or negatively-charged radiation. This filter does both.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
* Three radiation filter cartridge (RN-1)
* Plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
* Standard faucet and parts needed to install Or you can upgrade the faucet – which we do recommend.
- Size of the complete unit is 17.5 X 6.5 X 14.5 inches.
- When using 3 radiation cartridges, you coud replace them once a year or so in normal circumstances. The last in line will be used up more slowly than the first.
- Please have undercounter filters installed by a plumber. It is a quick and easy job for a professional, taking about a half hour. WHY? Click on: GET A PLUMBER!.