Under-Sink Kitchen Radiation Water Filter
TYPE OF FILTER
This is a 3-canister under-sink Radiation Water Filter that also filters fluoride and six hundred other contaminants.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
Radiation is carried in the water as radiated materials. These can be filtered out in various ways, depending upon the radiated material. This combines several types of filtration to work across the spectrum of radiated materials.
To filter fluoride and radiation plus hundreds of other contaminants. Available in versions for under the kitchen sink (needs a plumber), or for your countertop (no plumber needed).
WHAT IS FILTERED? (sample list)
* radiated iodine
* all other radiated cationic and anionic isotope types
* chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
* heavy metal
* bad taste
The FDA has certified KDF as releasing nothing harmful into the water. The EPA has certified KDF as compliant with Standards 61 & 42.
The idea is that these filter materials work on all the categories of contaminants. To see a sample list of contaminants filtered BY KDF AND CARBON, see What Is Filtered? .
HOW DO THEY WORK?
With this Radiation Water Filter, water flows over and through several filter media designed to remove fluoride, radiation and a very wide range of contaminants. Different filter media select for targeting contaminants.
There are 7 sediment stages and several media using multiple filtration methods. The types of filtration include ‘pore opening’, magnetic attraction, catalytic action using reduction-oxidation, electroplating, anion and cation ion exchange, reshaping of hardness ions and adsorption. An environment harmful to bacteria, algae and fungus is created. The water acts softer.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water!
Water flow on Under-Sink Kitchen radiation water filter is excellent.
This unit contains:
* FIRST CARTRIDGE: A sediment filter and either activated alumina (not aluminum) or bone char to filter fluoride.
* SECOND CARTRIDGE targets radiation. Sediment filters are between each of the other media. First granulated activated carbon which filters a wide range of radiation contamination; then media to focus on strontium and cesium; then a media bed of combined cation and anion resins to filter the range of radiated isotopes, and finally another layer of carbon to further filter and polish the water.
* THIRD CARTRIDGE
– – – Sediment filters at start and finish
– – – Kdf – 1 1/4 pounds! This puts it in balance with the other media. Especially effective at filtering chemically-based contaminants, heavy metals and chlorine. Works on radiated iodine. Kdf is bacteriostatic, preventing bacteria from growing in the carbon or your water.
– – – Granulated Coconut Carbon – a full pound (that’s 453 grams) of top-grade pre-washed granulated coconut carbon! Works especially well against organic-based contaminants and further filters radiation. Best carbon for mtbe.
For more information including a diagram of the radiation cartridge, see Radiation Filters.
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
Unlike reverse osmosis filters, these do not strip your water of the trace elements the body needs, you don’t have to store water in a small tank, and you don’t waste up to 70% of the water by throwing it and the contaminants back into the environment! Ceramic filters do not waste water like R/O. They do primarily use ‘pore size’ filtering.
The outside looks similar to other kitchen canister units sold by others, but the fixtures are the highest quality, and there is more of the right filter material – resulting in greater and longer-lasting filtration. THAT IS HOW FILTERING HAPPENS!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included in Under-Sink Kitchen radiation water filter:-
* One fluoridation filter cartridge (FR1)
* One radiation filter cartridge (RN-1)
* One wide-spectrum Standard (KR101N) cartridge
* Plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
* A standard faucet is included free. Upgrades available.
* The size of the undercounter unit is 17.5 X 6.5 X 14.5 inches
* Normally replace Radiation cartridge every 12 months
* Replace Fluoride cartridge every 6 months
* Replace Standard Wide-spectrum cartridge once a year for optimal filtering
Please have Under-Sink Kitchen radiation Water Filter installed by a plumber. It is a quick and easy job for a professional, taking about a half hour. WHY? Click on: GET A PLUMBER!.