This is an undercounter 2-canister filter with TWO Radiation Water Filters. Radiation is in the water via radiated materials. These filter materials take them out or render them harmless.
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
Double radiation filtration PLUS a wide range of other contaminants, particularly organic contaminants. To be installed under the kitchen sink by a plumber.
WHAT IS FILTERED?
* radiated iodine
* all other radiated cationic and anionic isotopes
* chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
* bad taste
* organic pesticides
* organic pharmaceuticals
HOW DO THEY WORK?
These filters all use only materials known to do what is needed and add nothing harmful to the water. The radiation-filtering material are known and used in industrial settings.
Most radiated materials are removed by ion exchange, which renders them inert. Some are absorbed, but those have a short half-life so don’t stay active long.
Water flows over and through several filter media designed to remove radiation and a wide range of contaminants. There are 2 cartridges designed to filter radiation in this unit. Ion exchange is used by the resins. The resins do not become radioactive because the positive and negative charges attract to each other and, in the process, become a different substance.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water! The water that comes out is pure and healthy.
Water flow is excellent.
This configuration has plenty of carbon, but does not have kdf. The idea of this unit is to take out radiation. But because there is plenty of carbon in each canister, there are many other contaminants also filters. To see a sample list of contaminants filtered BY CARBON, see What Is Filtered?.
This unit contains:
* TWO CARTRIDGES targeting radiation. Sediment filters are between each of the other media. First granulated activated carbon which filters a wide range of radiation contamination (and more); then media to focus on strontium and cesium; after that a media bed of combined cationic and anionic resins to filter the range of radiated isotopes, and finally another layer of carbon to further filter and polish the water. Enlarge the illustration to the left to see the cartridge used twice in this filter.
* Replace radiation cartridges every 6 to 12 months.
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
Unlike reverse osmosis filters, these do not strip your water of the trace elements the body needs, you don’t have to store water in a small tank, and you don’t waste up to 70% of the water by throwing it and the contaminants back into the environment! Ceramic filters do not waste water like R/O. They do primarily use ‘pore size’ filtering.
The outside looks similar to other kitchen canister units sold by others, but the fixtures are the highest quality, and there is more of the right filter material – resulting in greater and longer-lasting filtration. THAT IS HOW FILTERING HAPPENS!
We’ve also seen some other filters for radiation that do not take out BOTH positively- and negatively-charged radiated materials, but just one of them.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
* Two radiation filter cartridges (RN-1) Change once a year if radiation levels are near normal. More often if exposure is high.
* Plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
* Swiveling faucet with ‘run’ and ‘hold’ settings. Click on the photos above to see the faucets. We do recommend the upgrades on the faucet. They look better, work better, and last longer.
* The size is
- 5″ tall x 11.5″ wide x 6.5″ deep
- The bracket adds 2″ height
Please have the UNDERCOUNTER version filter installed by a plumber. It is a quick and easy job for a professional, taking about a half hour. WHY? Click on: GET A PLUMBER!