Kitchen Chloramine Fluoride Water Filter
Kitchen Fluoride Water Filter / Chloramines Water Filter for under the sink has 3 canisters. So this is an “extra protection” kitchen filter. This kitchen water filter effectively filters out FLUORIDE, CHLORINE, CHLORAMINES plus 600 other contaminants! This is the best kitchen filter choice if your municipality uses chloramine and fluoride. The kdf filter material has been processed using a patented method that greatly increases effectiveness.
All of our kitchen canister filters work on over 600 contaminants. Choose the right kitchen filter for you by whether you have chlorine or chloramine, and if your water is fluoridated.
FLUORIDE MEDIA OPTION: Both are excellent. Activated Alumina is a safe resin, not what we know of as highly-processed aluminum. Calcium-based carbon is aka bone char. So if you are vegetarian, you may prefer activated aluminum.
Select microfiber filtration wide-spectrum cartridge (KR101N) for finer filtration down to 1 micron. There have been news stories about plastic fibers in our water.
See REFILLS tab for links
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?
This 3-canister kitchen fluoride water filter / chloramines water filter is designed to take out CHLORAMINES in addition to FLUORIDE and work on all the other major categories of contaminants you want to remove from your municipal water supply. Many municipalities now add ammonia with chlorine to form chloramines, which are harder to filter. Therefore, if you don’t have chloramine in your water, you don’t have to get a filter to take it out.
THIS UNIT ALSO EFFECTIVELY FILTERS CHLORINE! Some places move back and forth between water supplies using chlorine and chloramine. This 3-canister system WILL filter out BOTH thoroughly if you are in such a place (like Houston).
Some ask what is the best filter. If you are in a municipality with fluoride and chloramines, this is the best undercounter kitchen filter.
This uses an improved housing that can handle 33% higher pressure than the industry standard white canister. Note that the improved-durability housing was introduced after this video was made. Your system will look like the still photo.
WHAT IS FILTERED? ( a short SAMPLE list)
- microfibers – if you choose the KR101A wide-spectrum
- chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
- heavy metal
- bad taste
- The idea is that they work on all the categories of contaminants. To see a larger sample list of contaminants filtered, see What Is Filtered? .
All the filter materials used in our kitchen, whole house, shower and bath filters have been certified by the NSF. See Certifications.
MORE FILTER MATERIAL MEANS MORE FILTRATION!
HOW DO THEY WORK?
This kitchen fluoride water filter / chloramines water filter delivers multiple-stage filtering.
* The first canister has two sediment filters, 1 1/4 pounds of patent-processed kdf-85 formulated to remove chloramines, and a full pound of catalytic carbon which also works on chloramines and filters disinfection by-products like trihalomethanes. TOGETHER these media do far more than carbon alone can do. Carbon alone can’t do the job.
* The second canister in your kitchen FLUORIDE water filter has a sediment filter and a pound and a half of activated alumina (an inert resin that is not aluminum) proven to effectively remove fluoride. OR YOU CAN CHOOSE calcium-based carbon which works equally well. This is a personal choice. They both filter fluoride and of course are completely safe. Calcium-based carbon is also known as bone char. So vegans and vegetarians may prefer activated alumina. People who incorrectly think activated alumina is the highly-processed product aluminum may prefer calcium-based carbon.
* The third canister is a wide-spectrum filter that has two sediment filters plus 1 1/4 pounds of special patent-processed kdf-55 which removes chemical contaminants including chlorine, lead, heavy metals and more, and then a full pound of top-quality granulated coconut carbon for organic compounds including chlorination by-products, organic-based drugs, perchlorate. mtbe and hormones. Bacteria cannot grow in the carbon because of the kdf.
Why are our filters different from others? Better quality fixtures and more of the right top quality filter material! This determines how much is filtered and how long the canisters remain effective.
and because … The kdf in our filters uses a special patent-processed FOAM ADVANTAGE kdf that increases effectiveness and length of use – and does not clog – supporting a strong water flow for the life of the filter. This means maximum filtration from kdf is achieved in a smaller area in the canisters – allowing more room for more activated carbon, too. For more information, see
FOR MORE INFORMATION about Contaminants, Filtration, and these filters, CLICK ON:
- About Water Filter Tests – please read this first – then see additional pages below that
- Fluoride Water Filters
- Chloramine Filters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fluoride Risks (including thyroid and FPIES)
- Fluoride Removal Tests
Note: TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) is a measure used for Reverse Osmosis filters. You do NOT want low TDS. If you have low TDS that means that you are not getting the trace elements and minerals that the body needs like chloride, calcium, magnesium and zinc. TDS is not a measure of healthy water.
Please look under the Education tab, Water Filters for other certifications and test results.
WHAT IS INCLUDED? All you need.
* Standard swiveling faucet that goes through the opening behind your sink. Faucet upgrades are available, and we recommend the upgrade. They look and work better, and last longer.
* Friends of Water includes a free fitted plastic wrench with this purchase to make changing filters easier
* CR-1 cartridge for chloramine removal and more. CHANGE ONCE A YEAR
* FLUORIDE cartridge for fluoride removal. CHANGE EVERY 6 MONTHS.
* KR101N wide-spectrum cartridge for removal of heavy metals, chemical + organic contaminants, odor and taste.
OR even better for third canister: KR101A. Same wide-spectrum filtration PLUS microfiber and cyst filtration to 1 micron.
* T adapter and 2 tubes
MORE TESTIMONIALS (also see Reviews tab)
“Friends of Water customer service is second to none!”
Sonia, Leawood KS
A customer who is using one of these filters wrote this to us:
“I wanted to thank you so much again for helping me on my desperate search for healthy drinking water!! When I started my kitchen remodel many months ago all I knew was that I wanted clean fluoride-free water without using reverse osmosis. I also had so many questions about setting up the system to meet my need water from the sink, and my family’s need for cold water and ice from the fridge. You were always so helpful with all my questions. Well, the system has been installed, and we all couldn’t be more pleased. Not only does it all work logistically, but the water tastes great!!!! I really appreciate all your help!!”
Jill Andrew, Massachusetts
Getting the Right Filter
Undercounter filters should be installed by a plumber. It is a quick and easy job for a professional. Why? Read “Get a Plumber!”
If you have some questions that haven’t been answered here, please email us at [email protected] Or call toll-free 866-482-6803. Leave a message if we can’t pick up, and we’ll call you back soon.