TYPE OF FILTER
This is a 3-canister, mulitple-stage countertop water filter
FOR WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES
To filter fluoride and radiation plus hundreds of other contaminants. The countertop version does not need installation, you just screw the diverter onto your faucet.
WHAT IS FILTERED? (a short sample list)
* radiated iodine
* all other radiated cationic and anionic isotope types
* chlorination by-products like trihalomethane
* heavy metal
* bad taste
The FDA has certified KDF as releasing nothing harmful into the water. The EPA has certified KDF as compliant with Standards 61 & 42.
The idea is that these filter materials work on all the categories of contaminants. To see a longer sample list of contaminants filtered BY KDF AND CARBON, see What Is Filtered?.
We do not recommend one fluoride-filtering media over the other. They both work very well.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Water flows over and through several filter media designed to remove fluoride, radiation and a very wide range of contaminants. Different filter media select for targeting contaminants.
There are 7 sediment stages and several media using multiple filtration methods. The types of filtration include ‘pore opening’, magnetic attraction, catalytic action using reduction-oxidation, electroplating, anion and cation ion exchange, reshaping of hardness ions and adsorption. An environment harmful to bacteria, algae and fungus is created. The water acts softer.
Trace elements the body needs stay in the water!
Water flow is excellent.
This unit contains:
* FIRST CARTRIDGE: A sediment filter and a full pound and half of activated alumina to remove fluoride. (This is not aluminum.)
* SECOND CARTRIDGE targets radiation. Sediment filters are between each of the other media. First granulated activated carbon which filters a wide range of radiation contamination; then media to focus on strontium and cesium; then a media bed of combined cationic and anionic resins to filter the range of radiated isotopes, and finally another layer of carbon to further filter and polish the water.
* THIRD CARTRIDGE
– – – Sediment filters at start and finish
– – – Kdf – 1 1/4 pounds! This puts it in balance with the other media. Especially effective at filtering chemically-based contaminants, heavy metals and chlorine. Works on radiated iodine. Kdf is bacteriostatic, preventing bacteria from growing in the carbon or your water.
– – – Granulated Coconut Carbon – a full pound (that’s 453 grams) of top-grade pre-washed granulated coconut carbon! Works especially well against organic-based contaminants and further filters radiation. Best carbon for mtbe.
For more information including a diagram of the radiation cartridge, see Radiation Filters.
Single Fluoride Filter Cartridge
COMPARISON TO OTHER TYPES OF FILTRATION
Unlike reverse osmosis filters, these do not strip your water of the trace elements the body needs, you don’t have to store water in a small tank, and you don’t waste up to 70% of the water by throwing it and the contaminants back into the environment! Ceramic filters do not waste water like R/O. They do primarily use ‘pore size’ filtering.
The outside looks similar to other kitchen canister units sold by others, but the fixtures are the highest quality, and there is more of the right filter material – resulting in greater and longer-lasting filtration. THAT IS HOW FILTERING HAPPENS!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything you need is included.
* One fluoridation filter cartridge Change every six months
* One radiation filter cartridge (RN-1) Change every six to 12 months
* One wide-spectrum Standard (KR101N) cartridge Change once a year
* Plastic wrench to make changing cartridges easier
You can opt for the lovely chrome finish. This is not real chrome, but a very attractive chrome-looking finish.
The countertop unit is 4.5″ deep, 12″ high, and 15″ wide